Friday, July 15, 2011

A new start

Ok, so... I was just thinking that since I moved and everything and so many people will no longer be updated on the events of my life by my endless prattle, I should probably start a personal blog. I started one before, but I never actually did anything with it. Hopefully this blog will go better. I decided to name it Snow College because (as my parents keep reminding me) I will very soon be going to Snow, and most of my posts will be made from there.

First of all I should probably say that my writing doesn't tend to be as wonderful as usual when I type out what I want to say. This is why I go through all the trouble of writing out entire stories, then typing them. If I don't write it first, it just doesn't come out right. But I don't think I'm exactly going to have time to write out blog posts before typing them. Unless of course I just type up my journal for everyone to read, which simply isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I have been living in Utah now for exactly two weeks and one day. I think I'm slowly loosing my mind. Too much... I don't know, Utah, I guess. It could also be that, until today, my family was living with my grandparents. We decided to stay with them until we found somewhere that we could stay on our own, at first thinking that we could stay with them for two or three months. My father, brother, and I started loosing our minds within the first few hours. My grandparents are, well, old. My mom loved it of course, because they are her parents and she doesn't really see all of their craziness the way the rest of us do. It's hard to explain just what about my grandparents makes it impossible to live with them, so I'm not going to try. Just know that these last two weeks have not exactly been pleasant.

Luckily, my dad saw that this apartment complex really close to my grandparents house was leasing out apartments before we had even officially moved in. He jumped on the chance, and today we moved into an apartment of our own. It's really tiny (850 square feet) which is a big adjustment, but at least it is our. There are only two bedrooms (which means I have to share a room with Dennis) and one bathroom, but Dennis and I will both be moving on to bigger things at the end of August. (As my parents keep reminding me).

I can't say I have anything to complain about the weather here, which is fabulous. It gets so cold at night though that I need a sweater. My Las Vegas blood is not used to cold temperatures. At all, but I'm sure I'll adapt. I hope I'll adapt quickly, as I hate being cold.

There isn't really anything else to say, right now anyway. I'm not happy with my new life, but I'm not miserable. I'm sure life will improve as I get settled in. (of course, I'll move again about as soon as I get settled in, but whatever). Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment