Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Marriage.

Just a few weeks ago, everyone in my life told me "If you get married any time soon, I will kill you." (That is a direct quote, by the way). It's all I've heard for a very long time, ever since I came up with the whole "I'm going to get married on November 11, 2011 (11.11.11), in fact. My parents say it, my leaders said it, just about every adult in my life, including my friend Candice, has said it.

So, just to be clear, all I've heard lately is "Don't get married."

Well, in the two Sunday's I have attended Single's Ward, I've discovered that many things in my life have changed. First off, I haven't heard a Sister (Last Name) or Brother (Last Name) except in reference to the bishopric and their wives, very strange, but understandable.

Second, and the purpose of this post, is that the speaker in Sacrament meeting on Sunday had exactly one topic to his talk. "Hurry up and get married!" I found this HILARIOUS. In the matter of less than a month I went from "Don't you dare get married" to "Why aren't you married yet?" (Not that I really thought he was talking directly to me. I feel like such a baby in the YSA ward, my dad said it's because I am.) If I hadn't been having such a panic attack, I would have laughed right there in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. It's amazing how quickly some things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment