Saturday, April 21, 2012

Drake, the short short version


Drake put his arm around me and drew me into his side. I stiffened, then forced myself to relax. There was no need to fear him, no need to draw away. He could not hurt me, not here, not with all the people around us.
His lips brushed my ear. “Smile,” he said. “You're happy to see me.”
Joy bubbled up from somewhere inside of me. Somewhere wrong. “I'm happy to see you Drake,” my mouth said, turning up into a smile. I could almost feel the smile he offered in return and it sent a shiver down my back.
His hand gripped my shoulder, almost painfully. “Now, now, love, that's no way to act.”
“That's no way to act,” I parroted, somehow finding myself leaning into him. My heart fluttered fearfully in my chest.
“Good girl, now tell me you love me.”
I didn't want to. I didn't love him. I was so scared of him. How could I love someone I feared? And yet I found myself saying. “I love you Drake.”
Drake trailed his nose down my jaw line, making me shiver once again. “And I love you Edira. You're such a good girl. You'll meet me later?”
My stiff neck forced out a nod.
“Wonderful. I'll reward you for all of your good behavior then.” His ice cold lips pressed against mine, and then he was gone.
I looked around the crowded library for a moment, then put my head in my hands and bust into tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment